Are you in search of DIY lip scrub without honey? Here at MyFitness7, we have compiled some of the best DIY lip scrub without honey that are easy to make within your home. Homemade lip scrubs are awesome when it comes to inexpensive addition to your beauty routine. They help your lip to exfoliate and remove dead and dry skin. Additionally, it also moisturizes and nourishes the lip making the look healthier, fuller while keeping them hydrated.
Inside this article (Quick Summary)
Benefits of DIY lip scrub without honey
This article is more about how to make lip scrub so we will keep this very short before we actually start making our homemade lip scrub without honey.
- Cheaper addition to your beauty routine.
- Exfoliate your lips.
- Removes dead and dry skin from lips.
- Moisturizes and nourishes your lips.
- Keeps your lips healthier and hydrated.
We got a lot of question from our readers asking is it possible to make a lip scrub that does not have honey? So, for all of you, yes, it is possible to make a DIY lip scrub without honey and all you need are a few natural ingredients that are easily available in your local grocery store.
List of ingredients for DIY lip scrub without honey
|Ingredients and Type||Amount|
|Sugar (White or Brown)||3 to 4 teaspoons|
|Skin friendly plant oil (almond, olive, coconut oil) *||1 teaspoon|
|Aloe vera gel||1 teaspoon|
|Essential oil||2 to 3 drops|
*Just use one of them, not all.
Why do we use these ingredients?
Every ingredient used plays a vital role in nourishing your lips. Read the significance of each ingredient included in your DIY lip scrub.
- Sugar: Sugar acts as a natural exfoliator slugging off all the dead and dry skin from your lips. It is also a natural humectant which can help in moisturizing your lips for an extended period of time.
- Skin Friendly Oil: Oil helps to glide sugar grain smoothly over your lips preventing possible micro damage to your skin. In addition to this, oil also help to nourish your lips and make it soft and smooth.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Well, aloe vera gel is optional but it’s a good choice to include as they really help in improving your skin quality. Aloe vera also possesses healing, soothing and anti-inflammatory effects to the skin. It can increase the moisture level in the skin and help to heal the chapped lips preventing them from radicals.
- Essential Oil: You can use lavender or peppermint oil and it is completely optional to include essential oil. Make sure you test essential oil with a small patch of your skin as some of the essential oil can be allergic.
How to make DIY lip scrub without honey?
It is really easy to make DIY lip scrub without honey as when you do not include honey, you do not have to heat the mixture. (Note: If you take coconut oil as your skin friendly oil, it needs to be heated.) All you have to do is just mix, mix, and mix!
Take a small bowl and add some skin friendly oil along with aloe vera gel and essential oil. Mix them well and add sugar at the end but make sure to follow the consistency of making the mixture not too wet sand or not too thick and oily.
Now, take a small container to store your DIY lip scrub, to extend the shelf life make sure you clean the container and wipe inside out with alcohol. Let the mix be dry, then store it in a cool and dry place.
Easy huh! You’ve just made DIY lip scrub without honey in less than 5 minutes.
How to use DIY lip scrub without honey?
As easy it is to make, easier it is to apply. Just apply a small amount of scrub directly into your lips and gently scrub/ massage. It is recommended for you to apply lip balm or oil to your lips after using the DIY scrub as it helps to trap the moisture within your lips.
Also be careful some essential oils are found to be allergic to some people, so make sure you test the scrub in small patch of the skin before you actually apply to your lips.
If you want some homemade face mask, then we also have a recipe for it. Check our famous pomegranate and aloe vera face mask and make your skin healthy and shinning.
Chapped and dry lips are not fun and if you find yourself in this situation then it is the time to consider some lip scrub. Dry lips can be caused by allergies, sunburn, weather, smoking and much more. But with one of our DIY lip scrubs, you can say goodbye to your dry and chapped lips.
More DIY lip scrub without honey
Mentioned above was one of many lip scrubs, here are some more DIY lip scrub without honey that you can easily make from ingredients within your home. All of these listed ingredients can simply be mixed and applied straight to your lips.
- Vaseline Petroleum Jelly and Sugar
- Coconut oil and Sugar
- Sugar, Olive oil with some vanilla extract.
- Sugar, Almond oil, Cocoa, alkanet roots (Optional).
How to Exfoliate your lips?
Exfoliating your lips help you to remove dry, flaking skin from your lips and immediately restore the softness, smoothness in your lips.
- Pick a exfoliate substance like sugar.
- Clean your lips and gently exfoliate lips using a toothbrush or flannel to get rid of dead skin.
- Use a humidifier to keep the air around you moist.
- Wet your lips with water to soften.
- Wipe off any excess exfoliator with clean cloth or tissue.
- Apply lip balm or lipstick as a follow up.
So, this is our DIY homemade lip scrub without honey made within 5 minutes. This DIY lip scrub will help you to make your lip silkier and smoother and sensual as they can get. If you want to share your experience with this, feel free to comment below.