Mango, A juicy stone tropical food is king of fruits. This sweet creamy fruit has range of possible health benefits, Mango health benefits. There are different kind of mangoes varying from color, shape, flavor and seed size. In this article we will explore many health benefits of mangoes, explain their nutritional breakdown and provide some life hacks for being fit and fine.
Sneak Peak: (Summarized health benefit of mango)
Health benefits of mangoes:
- Help in curing cancer, diabetes, heart disease.
- Improves skin and hair.
- Aids weight loss and boosts immunity.
- Help in digestion.
- Promotes healthy gut.
- Boosts immunity.
- Promotes eye health.
- Help in alkalizing your body.
- Prevent heat stroke.
- Supplements iron content in body.
Benefits of eating mangoes are uncountable but lets talk it in details. There are lots of vitamins and iron present in mango that helps your body for different purposes. Not only mango, even mango juice benefits our body as well. Check out healthy mango smoothie recipe.
Detailed health benefits of mangoes:
- Maintains cholesterol level: Mango is rich in Vitamin C, fibre and pectin which makes it a best fruit to help in controlling high cholesterol level.
- Improves skin: Mango helps to cleanse your skin from deep inside. It treats pores and gives a glow to your skin making your skin flawless.
- Regulates diabetes: Another benefit of eating mango is, they are great at regulating diabetes. People having diabetes should boil 5-6 mango leaves in a vessel. Soak it over the night and drink the filtered decoction early in the morning. Mango has a low glycemic index, eating them in moderation will not increase your blood sugar level.
- Helps in alkalizing your body: Mangoes are rich in tartaric and malic acid also have some amount of citric acid. These acids help in maintaining the alkali reserve of our body.
- Aids weight loss: One of the best health benefits of mango is; it aids in weight loss. Mangoes are rich in vitamins and essential nutrients. One mango can make your stomach feel full. Fibres present in mango helps to supplement all required nutrients for body. It also boosts digestive function and burns unwanted calories from the body. This way, mango helps in losing extra weight.
- Makes eyes healthy: Mangoes have tons of Vitamin A in it, making it a perfect fruit to improve eyes sight. It also prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
- Prevents heat stroke: This summer fruit helps in preventing heat stroke. Consuming mango cools you down instantly and refreshes you. Mango helps you to stay cool during hot weather.
- Helps in strengthening immune system: As mango contains Vitamin C and other types of carotenoids. All these essential nutrients are beneficial for your immune system keep it up strong and healthy.
- Body Scrub: Health benefits of mango is not only limited to eating, applying it to skin gives you a smooth and tender skin. Mashed mango paste with milk and honey, when applied to skin acts as great moisturizers.
- Improves concentration and memory: Have a deadline from the boss? Or exams tomorrow. Studies have shown eating a mango reduces your stress and improves your concentration and boost your memory.
- Rich in iron content: Mango is a natural remedy for anemic people as it is rich in iron. Women should eat mangoes to increase iron level and calcium content in body.
- May help to reduce cancer risk: Recent studies have shown that bit of mango into your diet helps to reduce certain types of cancer and reduces inflammation in the body.
On top of all these, there are more health benefits of mango such as it boosts bone, helps in treating anemia, may help in treating diarrhea, cures hangovers. After knowing all these benefits, it sounds like a great excuse to eat more mango to us.
How can we forget our old wonderful days from childhood when we used to compete with our siblings and finish all the mangoes stocked by parents?
A single mango contains everything listed below:
Vitamin A (1262 IU) is the most prominent nutrient in mangoes. Other vitamins include vitamin C (45.7 mg), vitamin E (1.8 mg), vitamin K (6.9 mcg), thiamin (0.1 mg), riboflavin (0.1 g), niacin (1 mg), vitamin B6 (0.2 g), folate (23.1 mcg), pantothenic acid (0.3 mg), and choline (12.5 mg).
A single mango contains iron (0.2 mg), potassium (257 mg), calcium (16.5 mg), phosphorus (18.2 mg), sodium (3.3 mg), zinc (0.1 mg), copper (0.2 mg), and selenium (1 mcg).
The fruit also contains protein (0.8 g), fiber (3 g), and carbohydrates (28 g).
Let’s leave health benefits of mango aside and lets check what you know about mangoes:
- Mango is known as king of all fruits all over the world.
- India is leading producer of mango but not a biggest exporter.
- Gently squeezing mango can let us know whether its ripe or not.
- Mango tree can grow very tall as much as 100 ft. and can grow 300 fruits in a year.
- There are about 400 varieties of mangoes around the world.
So, if you are not eating mangoes regularly then, you need to start. There a modern proverb “ An apple combined with mango keeps doctor away.” ♪♪♪
Also read: Health benefits of lemon.