Instant toothache remedy at home
Toothache is seriously something that you don’t want to have. They are uniquely irritating and painful. If you got a toothache, then it’s important to figure out what’s the root cause of it. We have listed some of the best instant toothache remedy at home that have been tried out manually. All these instant toothache relief ideas have been tried out and works great.
It is highly recommended if symptoms reoccur for more than one two days, visit your dentists. They will have better remedies than what we have. This guide will provide you ideas to get rid of toothache. Let’s start without wasting time.
Instant toothache remedy at home:
1. Clove oil as instant toothache remedy
From centuries cloves have been used as pain relief techniques. Clove contains an active ingredient that numbs the skin when contacted, which acts as temporary relief from toothache. Alternatively, you can chew cloves but it’s easier to apply clove oil in affected area.
How to apply clove oil to teeth?
- You’ll need bottle of clove oil, cotton ball.
- Squeeze a few drops of clove oil into colon ball.
- Gently swab the ball in the area that is affected.
- Allow oil to stay in position for 5 minutes for better results.
- Reapply when needed.
Eugenol present in clove oil is effective at reducing pain, inflammation. It is quite unpleasant to taste and avoid swallowing of it. If swallowed may cause burning nose, throat, upset stomach.
2. Salt water rinse as toothache relief
Repeatably rinsing mouth with salt water also does the job for many people having tooth pain. Salt water is a natural disinfectant which may help to loose food particles that get struck in your mouth. It also helps to reduce inflammation and heal other wounds in mouth.
How to rinse mouth with salt water correctly?
- Mix ½ teaspoon of salt into a glass of warm water.
- Gargle with solution repeatably and use it as mouth wash.
3. Cold compress as instant toothache relief
Cold compress not only acts as instant toothache remedy at home, it can cure any pain in your body. When blood vessels contact with cold substances, they constrict which makes pain less severe. Cold compress can also be used for reducing inflammation.
How to apply cold compress around teeth?
- Grab a towel and wrap it up with a bag of ice.
- Apply it around the infected area for 20 minutes.
- Repeat it every few hours.
4. Garlic as instant pain reliever for toothache
Garlic is famous for its medicinal purposes. Garlic acts as pain reliever and kills harmful bacteria which causes dental plaque. Garlic can give you instant relief from severe toothache when applied properly. Therefore, we call it, Garlic: instant home medicine for toothache.
How to apply garlic to your teeth?
- Get garlic chop it in small pieces.
- Crush or grind them to turn into paste.
- Gently, apply to the affected area.
- Alternatively, you can chew or hold small pieces of garlic around your infected teeth.
5. Guava leaves as Instant toothache remedy at home
Guava leaves contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help you to heal any wounds in your body. Their antimicrobial property makes them one of the best medicines for toothache.
How to use guava leaves as toothache relief?
- You can directly chew fresh guava leaves, but make sure you wash them.
- Alternatively, you can crush them to boiling water and wash your mouth.
6. Wheatgrass as emergency toothache relief
Wheatgrass can act as great relief to mouth inflammation and infection. It heals your body, high amount of chlorophyll present in wheatgrass also helps your body fighting bacteria.
How to use wheat grass as Instant toothache remedy at home?
- It is really simple, use wheatgrass juice as a mouthwash.
7. Hydrogen peroxide rinse for severe toothache
Hydrogen peroxide helps to relieve pain, heal bleeding gums and inflammation. Additionally, it can reduce plaque and kill bacteria present in mouth.
How to use Hydrogen Peroxide as toothache medicine?
- Grab Hydrogen Peroxide and make sure to dilute it.
- To dilute it mix 3% of Hydrogen Peroxide with equal parts of water.
- Use it as mouthwash.
- Don’t swallow it.
Here’s answers to few quick questions about toothache:
How to get rid of toothache at night?
- Use pain medication such as ibuprofen.
- Try to keep your head elevated. Keeping your head high reduces somewhat amount of blood flow in your head and pain.
- Rinse your teeth with mouthwash.
- Use ice back before going to bed.
- Avoid hard, cold and acidic foods as dinner or before you go to bed.
- Use cloves, garlic, pear bark, mango bark, sunflower leaves as instant toothache remedy at home.
What are causes of toothaches?
Toothache often occurs due to poor oral hygiene which can result in bleeding gums, soreness. These are some of the best proven ideas to get rid of toothache at home. These are the major causes of toothaches:
- Jaw injury
- Tooth decay
- Sinus infection
- Losing a filing
- Food debris
- Gum diseases
How long does a toothache last for?
Sadly, there’s no exact answer to this but depends on cause of a toothache. But be aware if you already tried these remedies and still have pain for 1-2 days, you should see a dentist right away.
Can brushing your teeth stop a toothache?
Yes, brushing is one of most tried and common method that everyone uses to get relief from toothache at home. Brushing teeth properly and regularly makes your mouth clean and healthy. It also makes your teeth free from cavities, gum diseases which leads to toothache.
Handy tips to prevent toothaches
- Brush regularly with fluoride containing toothpaste.
- Floss minimum once a day.
- Reduce the intake of sugary food.
- See your dentist timely.
- 1 Instant toothache remedy at home:
- 2 1. Clove oil as instant toothache remedy
- 3 2. Salt water rinse as toothache relief
- 4 3. Cold compress as instant toothache relief
- 5 4. Garlic as instant pain reliever for toothache
- 6 5. Guava leaves as Instant toothache remedy at home
- 7 6. Wheatgrass as emergency toothache relief
- 8 7. Hydrogen peroxide rinse for severe toothache
- 9 Here’s answers to few quick questions about toothache:
- 10 Handy tips to prevent toothaches
If you have use one or more instant toothache remedy at home from this guide, please let us know how it went. We will appreciate your feedback.